Saturday, June 6, 2009

the hangover...


Saw the film @ the Sundance Kabuki Cinemas in the City.

I was happy the movie was shown in the big theater. Unfortunately, the balcony was sold out. Apparently, one can drink alcohol in the balcony.

The tickets are pricey @ $14 a piece, but you do have the opportunity to choose your own individual seat.

I've been going to the Kabuki Theaters in J-Town for many years, but this was the first time I went to these theaters since they were remodeled and taken over by Sundance.

Let's get to the film. "The Hangover" is a funny and entertaining film with virtually an unknown cast. Bradley Cooper is an actor that may be on a verge of stardom or he'll be just one of those actors people recognizes, but never becomes an A-Lister.

I've always been a fan of Heather Graham. I can't believe she's 39 years old?

Jeffrey Tambor is another recognizable actor. His signature role was as Larry Sanders/Garry Shandling's sidekick on "The Larry Sanders Show."

Mike Tyson in a cameo playing himself wasn't good. See him in the doc "Tyson" for a better read on the guy. Tragically, Tyson's young daughter recently passed away due to a household accident.

Ken Jeong who I've seen in "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and the film- "Knocked Up" played a stereotypical effeminate Asian which I found condescending toward Asian men...

The foursome stayed @ Caesar's Palace, but I found it odd that they gambled @ the dumpy Riviera.

Quite frankly, I expected a better film, but I still thoroughly enjoyed "The Hangover."

I must mention Rachael Harris, she plays the bitchy girlfriend of the dentist. She's been in a ton of commercials. T-Mobile and Quaker Snacks to name two.

No comments: