Thursday, August 16, 2012

melky cabrera...

Last Saturday, I spent a ridiculous amount of money for a standing room only ticket to see the Giants against the Rockies, just to secure a Virgin America 2 for 1 coupon for my upcoming trip to San Diego.  To my dismay, the coupon didn't work until the 22nd of August and my trip commences on the 18th.

One thing I noticed was a bunch of idiots wearing milkman outfits in honor of Melky Cabrera.  To me, they looked ridiculous.  I would have rather seen babes in milk lady costumes.

I've followed Melky's career and I thought he was a decent player, but not an upper tier player.  I was surprised he did so well with the Kansas City Royals last season and I was lukewarm about the Giants trading for him.

He surprised the hell out of me this season and only recently did I accept he was a legitimate star and now this- getting suspended for 50 for using performance enhancing drugs.  A friend of mine predicted he was on the juice and I kind of agreed with him.

The fable of this story is when it something seems suspicious, it usually is...


No comments: