Saturday, March 10, 2007

olive oil...

Today, @ the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market I purchased a tiny 5 oz. bottle of olive oil for $5. That's a $1 an ounce! I won't mention the name of the vendor since I haven't tasted it. McEvoy Ranch which has a store in the Ferry Building is wonderful olive oil and costs well over a $1 an ounce. I was lucky enough to purchase a bottle in January for 20% off which turned out to be about $1 an ounce. The other olive oil store with a permanent spot in the Ferry Building is Stonehouse California Olive Oil. I use the house oil as my everyday olive oil. Today, I learned something from the Stonehouse website, you should use up your olive oil within two months after opening it.

1 comment:

ny said...

Bariani Olive Oil is available @ the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market on Tuesday and Saturday.