Friday, August 8, 2008

aaron rowand...


Tough player with a World Series ring, but he isn't worth 12 mill a year. You don't build a team around someone like Rowand. As I said to a friend earlier in the season- this guy is a good guy to have on your team, but someone who shouldn't be your best everyday player. With the White Sox and the Phillies, Aaron was the 4th or 5th best position player @ best...

Another thing, his numbers in Philly were inflated by an offensive friendly park. He hit a career high in homers last season with 27. I don't see Rowand getting much more than half that amount this year.

The guy is built like Ron Cey and I'm sure he's a great guy in the clubhouse, but the Giants will continue to be a sub-.500 team with this guy leading the way. I'd rather have assholes like Barry Bonds and Jeff Kent on my team...

No comments: