Saturday, October 17, 2009

20 year anniversary of the loma prieta earthquake...

I was working @ Nordstrom San Francisco Centre @ the time...

I remember walking coworker named Kathleen Harris to the bus station so she could take a shuttle to to Candlestick to see watch the Bay Bridge World Series- the A's vs the Giants. I had a serious crush on Kathleen...

Anyway, I walked back to work and minutes later the earthquake hit- it went in waves...

Everyone in Nordstrom was stuck in the building for approximately fours hours.

I was living in Mountain View @ the time, but there was a very nice coworker who's name escapes me that drove many of us home that evening.

It was such a nice gesture. I remember how dark the City was except for the fire emanating from the Marina District.

Twenty years go by very quickly...

No comments: