Friday, October 2, 2009

my san francisco giants...


Before the season, I predicted 80 wins. We have 86 wins with 3 games left in San Diego...

Getting eliminated from the wildcard was a big disappointment, but I must admit this team was my favorite Giants club in years...

It starts with Panda aka Pablo Sandoval. I saw him play for the high single A San Jose Giants, therefore I had an affection for the kid from the beginning... He was catching back then and I knew he would make the big show. That's why I was a bit surprised that the Giants drafted Buster Posey in the first round in 2008- little did I know that Sandoval could also play third and first...

Travis Ishikawa is another reason I loved this Giants team so much. I saw Travis play in San Jose and I thought this kid wasn't going to make it after being demoted from AA. Then I saw him play last season in Fresno and his game improved many levels. This season, Ishikawa has shown he's a great defensive first baseman, but his bat is suspect. I hate to say this, but the Giants need a big bopper @ first base- someone with power...

Juan Uribe was a great pickup! A utility player who can play every position in the infield. And he's become a professional hitter... His arm is outstanding!

San Francisco could end up with 89 wins. That would be a great accomplishment!

I'm already looking forward to next season...

I'll address the pitching staff, Boche, and Sabean in a future post...

No comments: