Wednesday, November 18, 2009

open carry law...

I try to write everyday on this blog, but sometimes I just don't have any inspiration and I realize I write a majority of time about sports, therefore I try to temper my desire to write about what I love too much...

Just moments ago, I found something interesting to write about...

I just realized that we in Cali can openly carry a firearm, however it must be unloaded and holstered. Ammunition can't be attached to the gun. "The weapon can be inspected, but there can be no search for the gun's serial number. The open carrier cannot be within 1,000 feet of a school, on the grounds of a college or university, or government buildings or secure areas of airports." KTVU

KTVU "People with drug or violent crime convictions or mental disorders cannot open carry."

LA Times "In cities within the state, publicly displayed guns must not be loaded. In unincorporated areas, loaded guns can be carried openly unless a local ordinance prohibits it."

So basically in a city like San Francisco, I can carry a gun, but I need to keep the bullets in my pocket?

No comments: