Friday, December 19, 2014

dr. no...

The first James Bond film and I remember my father taking me to the movie when I was about 7 years old.  

Some of the featured players are Jack Lord more famous for his role as McGarrett in Hawaii 5-0.  And the beautiful and sexy Ursula Andress.  I was a big fan of Ursula along with Raquel Welch back in the day.  Her Playboy pictorial was sizzling.  Andress also dated actor Harry Hamlin who is 16 years her junior.   Back in 1980, it was somewhat scandalous- now it's a cougar in action...

What I don't like about the film is Dr. No is supposed to be Chinese and he was played by a white actor with makeup to accentuate his slanted eyes.  Mickey Rooney did the same thing in BREAKFAST AT TIFFANYS.  

Sean Connery is the only James Bond to me.  I did like Pierce Brosnan the role, but not even close to Connery.  


No comments: