Wednesday, April 19, 2017

brimstone & glory...

This doc won an award at the SF FILM FEST.  

Really, I just wanted to see the Dolby Cinema at 1275 Market.  A truly spectacular theater!

However, Brimstone & Glory is a spectacular film!

These aren't reviews I'm writing about the films I saw at the 60TH SF FILM FEST, but basically some thoughts I have about them.

A town in the outskirts of Mexico City named Tultepec has a week long National Pyrotechnic Festival.   Meaning a fucking huge firework festival!

There is so much danger involved dealing with fireworks and the people in this town including the kids who make these pyrotechnics understand that they may die in the process.

I'm really thinking more about the kids and it seems to me that they wear the scars on their faces from errant fireworks as a badge of honor.

One question I have about the fireworks festival is how it's funded?  I'm going to do more research about the doc and add it into this post.


No comments: