Thursday, July 10, 2008

darnellia russell...


She was featured in the excellent doc- "The Heart of the Game." I originally saw the film @ the Opera Plaza in the theater that I swear only seats about twenty people. Just last week, I viewed the documentary again on one of the many Encore channels and it made me wonder, "what happened to Darnellia Russell?"

Just this morning, I found out by reading the Seattle Times online that Darnellia will be attending Lakehead University in Ontario, Canada. Strangely enough, she'll have three years of eligibility in Canada, whereas if she attended a D1 school in the states, Darnellia would have only one more year of eligibility or a D2 or lower, she'd have two years left.

Ms. Russell is now 24 years old with two children 5 and 1. She still has her hopes of playing in the WNBA. Apparently, she needs a four year degree to be eligible to play in the WNBA? I wish her well...

No comments: