Tuesday, July 22, 2008

mamma mia the movie...


First of all, Meryl Streep is miscast in the film. She's a good 15 years too old for the role. I've seen the musical on stage and the actress who plays the mother in the Vegas/Mandalay Bay production Carol Linnea Johnson is much prettier than Streep and can sing 100 times better. Plus, she's much younger. Amanda Seyfried who plays the daughter is vivacious in the movie, but her voice isn't as good as the performer who I saw in Las Vegas. I recognize Amanda from HBO's "Big Love."

Pierce Brosnan is a joke singing. MAMMA MIA is entertaining and it showcases the beauty of the Greek Isles. I'm glad I saw it. But, give me a break with the 59 year old Streep playing a character with a 20 year old daughter. She's looked more like Amanda Seyfried/Sophie's grandmother...

No comments: