Monday, September 21, 2009

angel villalona...


On Saturday night, I saw the San Jose Giants win the California League Championship. The San Jose Giants are the high class A affiliate of the San Francisco Giants. Earlier in San Jose's season, I had the great opportunity to see Madison Bumgarner pitch and Buster Posey catch. Both kids are on the September roster of the San Francisco Giants.

I also saw Villalona play during that early season game and I saw much potential from the kid who is only 19 years old and who the Giants signed when he was 16 for $2.1 million. His chunky body was a concern with me, but look @ Pablo Sandoval. He's quick and agile for a fatty... Unfortunately, Angel got hurt during the year which put him out for the season.

Now, I hear that Villalona is in a Domincan Republic jail suspected of killing someone in a bar. I find that very sad...

No comments: