Monday, January 18, 2010

the golden globes...


I didn't watch the telecast because I needed to get out of the house after virtually staying in for two straight days watching playoff football...

Jeff Bridges win for Best Actor in a Drama for CRAZY HEART- I haven't seen the film, but as I wrote in a previous post- I predict he will win the Oscar for Best Actor. I really enjoyed George Clooney's performance in UP IN THE AIR, but to me, it wasn't Oscar worthy...

Let me get back to Jeff Bridges. On his fourth nomination for a Golden Globe Best Actor, he finally won. Bridges is definitely one of my favorite actors. I'm very happy for him...

I was also very happy about GLEE's win for Best Television Series- Comedy or Musical. GLEE beat out heavy hitters like 30 ROCK and THE OFFICE. I'm a big fan of another nominee ENTOURAGE, but I feel that show has run its course... GLEE and CALIFORNICATION are my two favorite shows on television.

My only other comment on the Golden Globes is that I can't believe Chloe Sevigny of BIG LOVE won Best Supporting Actress in a television series over Jane Lynch of GLEE. I thought that was going to be a slam dunk. I respect Chloe as an actress and she takes chances like doing a hardcore fellatio scene in BROWN BUNNY, but Lynch is simply phenomenal in GLEE...

Oh, I have one more- THE HANGOVER winning Best Motion Picture- Comedy or Musical is a joke. Entertaining and funny, but that film was seriously flawed...

BTW, pictured with Bridges is Maggie Gyllenhaal who I'll never forget from the film- THE SECRETARY...

No comments: