Sunday, September 5, 2010

san diego padres...

They may be in the midst of a 9-game losing streak, but they're still 2 games up on my San Francisco Giants...

The G-Men have picked up only 4 1/2 games since the Padres cold streak which started on August 26.

San Diego also needs to keep an eye on the Rockies with ex-A and AL batting leader Carlos Gonzalez proving to baseball experts that Billy Beane is an idiot for trading him...

The upcoming 4 games series @ home starting Sept. 9 vs my Giants will be crucial for the Pads. San Diego has owned San Francisco this season- winning about 90% of their games...

Honestly, I'm not confident my Giants have the goods to make the playoffs, especially with the problems with our starting pitching, specifically Zito and Sanchez since Lincecum had a great outing last week against Colorado. And our hitting is suspect. Philly seems to be on the verge of closing out the wild-card or the NL East. Then we may be battling the Atlanta Braves...

I expected a swoon by the Padres, but I also expected San Francisco to overtake San Diego when this happened. We'll just have to see...

No comments: