Sunday, April 6, 2008

ucla's loss to memphis...


Yes, I was disappointed, but when Mbah a Moute takes more shots than Love, Collison, and Shipp- you're going to lose. You could say Memphis gave him the shots, but I watched the game and it looked like he forced more than a few...

And as I was viewing the game, I was thinking to myself- where's the offense from the Bruins? Ben Howland is a good coach, but his offensive schemes are horrible! Westbrook was only Bruin who had the athleticism to be able create his own shot against the Tigers.

Love, Collison, and Shipp should think more than twice about leaving early for the NBA. Love is the most NBA ready, but he could use another season to work on his conditioning. Collison will get eaten up by guards in the Association. Shipp isn't an NBA player.

Memphis in the past week has diminished the NBA value of Drew Neitzel of Michigan State, D. J. Augustin of Texas, and of course Collison. Mario Chalmers of Kansas will be the next victim...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tough loss. But making 3 Final 4's in a row in today's environment is still an accomplishment. That said, a depresing weekend. I hope Westbrook and Collison realize they need another year -- even with those guys, Luc and Holliday, Anderson, Lee and Gordon coming in we'll still be short in the frontcourt.

ny said...

I feel for you man... I was certain that your Bruins would be playing tonight!

I didn't realize how good Rose and CDR are...

So your think Love is as good as gone?

Westbrook and Holiday in the backcourt next season will be dynamic, if it happens...

A 4th Final 4 in a row is still a distinct possibility?

Don't forget about the white guys- Roll and Keefe. And Aboya is a decent backup...

With the incoming freshman guards coming in, I just don't see Collison staying? To me, he's a second round pick @ best...

I'm still envious...my Huskies suck!!