Thursday, September 25, 2008

ichiro...


I look @ his box score everyday and my concern now is whether he'll reach 100 runs for the season. As I write this entry, he's one run short with three games left in the season. Ichiro has had 200 hits in 8 consecutive seasons. On more run and he'll have 100 for eight seasons and he's hit over .300 in all of those seasons.

Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times has alluded to Ichiro not being well liked by more than of few of his teammates. One of the supposed reasons is that he's a selfish player only concerned about his stats rather than winning- which the Mariners haven't been successful @ for more than a few seasons.

Baker in the past few days has targeted Japanese players. Yesterday, it was catcher Kenji Johjima. I'm starting to feel that this Baker is a racist.

Apparently, one or more of Ichiro's teammates wanted to cause physical harm to him.

Personally, I feel Ichiro should hit for more power and bat in the third spot. It is a known fact that Suzuki can hit the long ball with nearly anyone during batting practice.

I may have used the above pic in a previous post- but what the hell, the catch was phenomenal!

No comments: