Friday, September 5, 2008

tijuana notes...


I ventured across the border last week @ night and spent three hours or so enjoying the adult entertainment in Zona Norte. I won't get into specifics, but one can have fun in TJ...

As always, we noshed on a couple tacos @ the border and a strawberry aqua fresca mixed with milk. I didn't have any problems going back to US, even without a passport. However, I recommend having a US passport when traveling to and from Mexico.

I will say we saw more than few armed policia with machine guns. It is something to get used to.

A cab ride to and from the border to Zona Norte is $5-$6. Parking in San Ysidro generally runs about $8. You can find free parking @ night on the streets near the border crossing or during the day, you can park @ the outlets in San Ysidro.

And be prepared to tip a $1 or so when you use the facilities in the club or you can go to a public toilet and pay about 50 cents.

No comments: