Sunday, January 18, 2009

tyson...


A doc who's subject is Mike Tyson. Directed by James Toback. Toback previously worked with Iron Mike in BLACK & WHITE.

Audience members @ the Park City Library included Cuba Gooding Jr., Russell Simmons, Clayton Rohner(JUST ONE OF THE GUYS), and Clifton Collins Jr.(TRAFFIC and BABEL).

I thoroughly enjoyed the documentary. In the Q & A after the doc, Tyson fielded several questions. He seems like a humble guy, but I believe it's a facade. I've seen the guy around Vegas too many times. He has a Jekyll & Hyde type of personality.

As a fight fan, I was never a Tyson guy. But it always amazed me that the guy could beat up heavyweights who are much taller and bigger than him.

A real minor celebrity in the audience was Jackie the Jokeman Martling.

No comments: