Wednesday, October 12, 2011

ios 5...

I own an iPhone 4 and I won't upgrade to an iPhone 4S. I'll wait for the 5. I won't be able to use Siri, but I don't really give a shit, because I don't use the voice control functions on my phone.

Highlights of iOS 5 for me:

iMessage is a good app since it enables me to use wifi to text. I don't get a very good signal in my apartment and texting can be a challenge at times.

Reminders is another app that comes in handy. I can use this app to remind myself to buy specific groceries, etc... without using the Notes app.

I'm not a big tweeter, so the enhanced Twitter functions does nothing for me.

Being able to use the the volume up button to take a picture comes in handy, as does the access from lock screen to open up the Camera app. I will note that you need to double tap the home button from the lock screen to get to that point.

I haven't played around enough with the editing functions in the Photos app to get a good read on it. There are many other improvements that I failed to mention, yet the bottom line is- I highly recommend downloading iOS5 for any iPhone 4 user and iPad user.

No comments: