Monday, May 12, 2008

o.j. mayo scandal @ usc...


What a surprise! The kid was probably taking money from agents since he was 12 years old... The root of the matter begins with the AAU programs. In many instances, the AAU (which is ridiculously suppose to be the Amateur Athletic Union) coach has more power than the player's high school basketball coach. Some of those AAU teams are essentially a pro team. Illegal payoffs have been going on forever and a day and they will keep on happening.

I remember when I went to University of Washington seeing all the basketball players driving automobiles that they couldn't afford. I just accepted it as common practice.

I really do hope USC gets nailed for the Reggie Bush and now the O.J. Mayo incidents.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

NY, did you lose to a girl? Is that why you are not telling me? Kidding, dude.

How you doing, man? Hanging in there?

ny said...

I will say that I basically couldn't walk two days after playing one on one. It didn't help that I played poker for over 12 hours straight the evening after...

Arthritis in both knees is very, very painful @ times...

C'est la vie...

Unknown said...

Well, take care of yourself dude - I played yesterday at Bay Club and my game feels good!

ny said...

enjoy your youth while you have it...