Tuesday, May 6, 2008

specialty's bakery & cafe...


I've been going to Specialty's since their humble beginning on Kearny St. between Bush and Pine on the east side of the street. I now go to their flagship store on Pine right off of Montgomery. Recently, I've had some difficult getting my sandwich the way I ordered it. I hate fucking onions and I always order NO ONIONS PLEASE! And I opt to go without mayo, although I like mayo. Okay, last week I ordered my usual roasted turkey breast on potato poppy seed, no onions, and no mayo. After receiving my order, I walked all the way to XOX Truffles on Columbus between Filbert and Greenwich to nosh on my sandwich al fresco with a double espresso- lo and behold, there's onion and mayo on my sandwich. I'm pissed! Today, I'm in a hurry and I need a quick bite, therefore I stop by Specialty's again. I mention what happened last time I ordered a sandwich and the young man behind the counter gave me a freshly baked cookie. It wasn't necessary, but it was very thoughtful and considerate. When I get my sandwich this time, there's no onion, but it's slathered with mayo. I'm not happy, yet I'm in a hurry and I can live with the mayo. The nice young man offered to make me a new sandwich and I decline. I'm almost a block away and he hands me a new sandwich less the onion and mayo. I must commend the kid for going above and beyond the call of duty. And I'll continue to buy sandwiches @ Specialty's...

No comments: