Monday, February 16, 2009

amber india...


It's next door to SCLA/SF, therefore I give it a whirl once in awhile...

They have an excellent beer selection! I tried two Indian beers. Taj Mahal which comes in a 20oz bottle and Kingfisher, which is in a regular 12oz container and is actually brewed in Sarasota Springs, NY. I like the Taj, a bit more. They are both lagers. Taj Mahal seems a bit smoother...

I tried two appetizers and both were good- samosa and a chicken drumstick dish which is called Zafrani Tangi Kebab. The skin is taken off of the drumsticks and marinated in saffron, cheese, and yogurt. In my view, basically a samosa is a samosa- nothing that special to NY...

On the menu, yogurt is spelled with an "H" sometimes and other times spelled without it. Don't get it?

A very strange thing about this joint- drinks @ the bar aren't taxed, but once you accompany your drinks with food, then both are taxed. Believe me, I wasn't happy about that, nor was I pleased when they don't seem to legitimately round off the tax. I won't go into details until I do some research to find out if they are up to funny business or not...

The kid who runs the bar @ this joint thinks he knows a lot more than he does... And he talks so fucking loud- it's nauseating!

Convenient location for me, but I'm still not sold on the place...

Okay, I admit it. I had another beer- Whitkap Pater Single Abbey Ale. Very nice...

No comments: