Friday, March 27, 2009

coach k...


I'll give him props for leading USA Basketball to a gold medal in Beijing...

I've been a strong Duke hater since his Laettner and Hurley led team beat UNLV in 1991.
The Running Rebels who were the champs in 1990 were one of my favorite college basketball teams of all-time led by Larry Johnson, Stacey Augmon, and Greg Anthony.

Coach K doesn't recruit enough athletes to really vie for a NCAA title. Let me be frank, for some reason his team is made up with a bunch of white guys who will never get a whiff of the NBA and a couple black guys who have Father's with NBA pedigrees.

Truthfully, I think it's time for Coach K to try his hand in the NBA. Obviously, he can win with talent, but Duke hasn't had legitimate Final Four talent for nearly the whole decade... He's won three championships and the way he's going, he's going to end up like Bob Knight and become a coaching dinosaur. Knight also won three titles.

But, I'm still so very happy that 'Nova kicked Duke's ass...

How about this, Coach K should replace that fat ass idiot Don Nelson...

No comments: