Sunday, July 26, 2009

moon starring sam rockwell...


Directed by David Bowie's son-Duncan Jones in his first feature film which debuted @ Sundance in January. Either my memory is shot, but I was not aware of this movie when I attended my 12th Sundance in a row early this year...

The film was made on a budget of $5M, very, very impressive... And this is a sci-fi movie.

I must admit I haven't been a Sam Rockwell fan in the past, but he's excellent in the lead role. Rockwell went to McAteer in the City.

The film is rated- R. Don't understand the R rating, apparently it's for language. In a dream sequence, I would have had the female in the scene naked. That justifies a R rating in my view and that scene could make this low budget indie film profitable.

The horrible film starring Hayden Panetierre "I Love You, Beth Cooper" was hyped by the rumors of a topless scene by the pretty young actress. A nondescript side boob shot was all it was. I got sucked into the promo and was very disappointed that I wasted money on the flick...

The bottom line is sex sells...

No comments: