Friday, January 13, 2012

queen of versailles...

The doc is one of the opening-night films at Sundance next Thursday.   It's a tough ticket and I'll be lucky to see one of QUEEN OF VERSAILLES three other screenings in Park City.  It's the documentary I really want to see at the fest.   Pictured is Jacqueline Siegel wife of time-share real estate mogul David Siegel of Westgate Resorts.   Planet Hollywood in Vegas has a Westgate Tower.

If you want to know what the doc is about- google it.   And if you google the film, you'll find out that David Siegel is suing the festival and people behind the film for defaming his business in the Sundance online film guide.   I think it's fucking ridiculous.  The added publicity will only make this film more difficult to see and in the end it will help his business.   It's name recognition- I had never heard of Westgate before doing research on this doc.  I've noticed the Westgate Tower in Vegas, but before it reminded me of Playboy model who turned hardcore on the internet Sandee Westgate.




No comments: