Monday, January 23, 2012

simon killer...

At Sundance, I can usually tell if I'm going to like a film after the director is introduced and says a few words.  Note: says a few words.  This young kid director brought up to the stage three of his producers making the intro seem like an Academy Award speech.

Didn't care for the film and two of my friends who I attended the screening with- hated it!

Some of the reviews I've read are pretty good, but I don't give a fuck what a critic writes.  Many times, they are factually incorrect in their assessment of the film.

To sum it up,  I gave up a ticket to one of the films I wanted to view in this festival to see SIMON KILLER,  because a friend said it would be one of the sleeper hits on the festival.   He's the one who gave it a lousier rating than I did.  He gave a 1 out of 4 stars.  I gave it a 2...   I should have given it a 1...

No comments: