Wednesday, April 15, 2009

greg paulus...


I am a Duke hater and I never liked Greg Paulus, but I'd like to see him play football since he was one of the top quarterbacks in the nation during his high school career.

I've read he's had a workout with the Green Bay Packers and the lowly Duke football program offered him a tryout for a wide receiver position, but I think his best bet to use his one year of eligibility in football and attempt to play quarterback @ Michigan.

He's not an ideal sized quarterback @ 6'1, but there are a bunch of 6'1 and under quarterbacks in the NFL- Dree Brees and Jeff Garcia to name two.

As his high school football coach has been quoted, Paulus needs to put on some weight to play football. I've heard he's been in the gym and I'm pretty sure he's weighing more than the 180 which was his basketball playing weight @ Duke.

NFL All Pro tight ends Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates played only basketball in college. It would be interesting to see how good of a football player Paulus really is and for once I'll be rooting for a Dukie...

No comments: