Wednesday, February 10, 2010

just doing it...

On January 22nd, my sister called me and informed me that my aunt had pancreatic cancer and she had only six months to live. I was @ Sundance @ the time and I basically had to block those thoughts out of my mind during the fest...

Once I returned home @ the beginning of February, I knew I had to call my aunt and ask her how she was doing. I hesitated for about a week...

I finally made that call on Monday. It was an easy call, but her voice sounded different to me. It could have been because it was morning in Honolulu. My aunt's attitude is great, however it didn't stop me from breaking down and I had to cut our phone call short.

Throughout my life, she has always been very good to me and I appreciate everything she's done for me, from deep in my heart...

No comments: