Friday, February 12, 2010

pick up artists...

About three or four years ago, someone who will remain nameless recommended a book about picking up ladies to me...

I read most of it and then I realized that the author of the book was dating an attractive lady who I met @ McCarran Airport in the Southwest Terminal. She actually engaged in conversation with me by asking me if I wanted some of her fries...

He lost all credibility with me when his so-called woman basically tried to pick me up...

When I was younger, I was handsome enough not worry about picking up women. They came up to me, I kid you not. Now, I must work @ it...

Believe me, I'm no expert @ picking up women, but I do know, the key is engaging in conversation. No cheesy pickup lines, but basic interaction that will determine if you have chemistry and/or things in common...

Plus, it's a numbers game. The more attempts you make, the more you'll fail, but in turn, you'll also be successful...

And, I believe it's important to have female friends. In the film WHEN HARRY MET SALLY- the theme of the film was that men and women can't be friends. Then Harry and Sally became friends which led them to become a couple. In my case, I love women, therefore I want to be their friend. Sure, I probably want to sleep with most of them, but I'm astute enough to realize that in most circumstances it's ain't gonna happen...
However, the illusion is very nice...

No comments: