Wednesday, June 23, 2010

hachiko: a dog's story...


Also known as HACHI:A DOG'S TALE starring Richard Gere. A film that debuted @ the Seattle International Film Festival last June. Yet the movie never had a theatrical release in the states.

Based on a true story and a remake of a 1987 Japanese film HACHIKO.

I recently viewed HACHI on DVD and it's a tearjerker.

Richard Gere was also in another remake of a Japanese film- SHALL WE DANCE (2004). I much preferred the original 1996 version starring Koji Yakusho. Who I first became familiar with in TAMPOPO (1985)- a great film about the pursuit of making the perfect bowl of ramen...

Gere also starred in a Akira Kurosawa film RHAPSODY OF AUGUST (1991) and played a part Japanese character in the movie.

I'm a dog lover and dogs are truly mans best friend...

One added note, once I get the story straight, I'll write how the original Hachiko, not the movie, but the dog has relevance to my family...

No comments: