Saturday, June 26, 2010

zuni cafe hamburger...

House-ground hamburger on a grilled rosemary focaccia with garden lettuce, aioli, and zuni pickles. Probably the most famous burger in the City...

The burger is sold only @ lunch and after 10pm.

Okay, I was a bit inebriated, therefore I don't think I appreciated the burger as much as I could have if I had about two less beers.

I do remember how flavorful the meat was. I asked for no onions and they still served me the pink colored pickled onion.

I don't think I'm a big fan of the rosemary focaccia.

According to Michael Bauer of the Comicle- chef/owner Judy Rodgers and her crew liberally salts chunks of chuck before going home @ night and the next day grinds the meat, therefore there is juicy goodness in every bite. Even in my drunken state, that's what I remember about the burger.

I guess the bottom line is salting overnight. I'm partial to Hawaiian salt...

No comments: