Saturday, June 19, 2010

world cup fever...

I definitely don't have it...

I grew up playing football, basketball, and baseball.

I don't understand why there is so many ties in the World Cup? Can't they play a sudden death overtime? Or a shootout?

I could get into hockey before soccer...

I realize soccer is the most popular sport in the world, but definitely not in the United States.

In reality, all you need is a soccer ball to play soccer. You can say that about basketball, yet you still need a court, a rim, preferably a net and a backboard. You can play soccer nearly everywhere. A makeshift goal can be made from just about anything- two coffee cans...

Another thing about soccer, it's basically all legs. Sure, they're in great condition, but most soccer players I know can't even throw a baseball, football or shoot a basketball. Their upper body skills are limited. Of course, there is pushing and shoving involved on the soccer field...

Okay, I admit it, I hate soccer...

No comments: