Saturday, October 4, 2008

quarterback situation @ cal...


I'm writing this post while watching the ASU-CAL game and the Sun Devils are coming back in the 4th quarter. Hopefully, CAL holds on to win and I don't have to change my mind...

I was surprised to see Nate Longshore pass Aaron Rodgers on CAL's all-time touchdown passing total. If Longshore continues to start and play, he has a chance to be 2nd all-time in touchdown passes. He's currently 5th with 46. Longshore needs 9 to pass Pat Barnes who is #2. Kyle Boller is #1 with 64.

I believe Longshore should start for the rest of the season. CAL still has a chance to have a special season and the senior leadership of Longshore will contribute to this effort.

He still throws too many interceptions, but Longshore's problems last season could be attributed to his injury.

Kevin Riley is only a sophomore. He still has a bright future.

Also, I was impressed that Longshore set a CAL quarterback all-time bench press record @ 370...

No comments: