Saturday, July 24, 2010

inception...

I've followed director Christopher Nolan's career since he did FOLLOWING(1998)- which was done for about $5K before it was transferred to 35MM. I was a big fan of MEMENTO(2000), but after several viewings I'm over the film. However, I still respect the premise of the movie and the showcasing of the emerging talent of Nolan...

INCEPTION has a great cast and to be perfectly frank I can't really express a reasonable opinion on the film until I see it for the second time.

However, I will say being Japanese, I was thrilled to see Ken Watanabe have a major role in the film, but I had a hard time understanding his dialog. I mentioned facetiously to a buddy who I viewed INCEPTION with, when Saito(Watanabe) spoke subtitles were needed... I first became familiar with Watanabe in the classic Japanese film TAMPOPO(1985)- about the search for the perfect ramen...

No comments: