Sunday, July 18, 2010

jeremy lin...

I was fortunate enough to watch him play live his senior season in high school- where he led Palo Alto High School over favored Mater Dei to the California State High School Basketball Championship(Division II). The kid really impressed me that night in Sacramento and I have followed his career @ Harvard. My one regret is that I didn't get to see him play in college. Harvard played @ Stanford and Santa Clara during his four year career. And I could have visited my niece and nephew in New York City and seen him play against Columbia.

I just returned from Vegas with the intention of seeing Lin play in the NBA Summer League, but the Dallas Mavericks weren't in action the first two nights I was there and my flight on Thursday was too close to departure to comfortably watch the game where he came into national attention by schooling #1 pick in the NBA Draft John Wall of the Washington Wizards.

Lin now has the option of signing with the guard heavy Mavs who gave him the opportunity on their summer league team. And apparently, the Lakers are also interested, plus an unnamed east coast team.

If the Lakers don't resign guard Shannon Brown, there might be a better opportunity for Lin to make a roster, although they resigned Derek Fisher and signed free agent point guard Steve Blake. Blake is 30 years old and Fisher is 35. The problem is that the Lakers no longer have a D-league team and the Mavericks will have a brand spanking new team in Frisco, which is basically North Dallas.

The new few days will very interesting for young Jeremy Lin...

No comments: