Monday, December 24, 2007

adrian oliver... and romar losing his luster...



He was a bust with my Huskies. After watching him for over a season, he just didn't seem like a Division One player to me. It's rumored that he might transfer to San Jose State. If he does, I wish him well. SJSU is probably a better fit for a player like Oliver. But this kid needs to get in the weight room and get stronger and spend hours in the gym shooting thousands and thousands of jump shots. His outside shot is suspect.

I'm thinking that Washington coach Lorenzo Romar is losing his mojo. Only Quincy Pondexter who played with Stanford's Lopez twins in high school is left from his 2006 recruiting class that included Spencer Hawes(now with the Sacto Kings), Phil Nelson(who transferred to Portland State), and Oliver. QP has showed flashes, but he's an inconsistent player.

The 2007 class that includes Justin Holiday, Matthew Bryan-Amaning, Darnell Gant, and Venoy Overton hasn't shown me too much so far. Gant is redshirting. Overton has showed the most promise and probably is one reason Oliver quit the team. Overton out of Franklin High in Seattle basically fell into Romar's lap after he made a oral commitment to USC and then reneged after the Trojans snagged one and done O.J. Mayo.

I consider myself an excellent judge of character. I saw Romar in September after the Dawgs beat Boise State in football and I saw something in him I didn't like. I can't place it? I don't care if he's a christian and whatnot. I hope I'm wrong?

No comments: