Tuesday, May 26, 2009

nba draft pick #2 memphis...


People are crazy about Ricky Rubio, the eighteen year old point guard from Spain. I'm not. I saw him play briefly in the Beijing Olympics. He can be exciting to watch, but I don't like his weak looking body and athleticism.

If the Grizzlies were to draft Rubio @ 2, he would have some sort of comfort level playing with Marc Gasol, Pau's brother and a teammate on Spain's Olympic Team.

And I hear reports that O.J. Mayo is suppose to be "the" point guard for the Grizzlies. To me, he's a shooting guard.

Then there's Mike Conley. He's a legitimate point guard from Ohio State who is still only 21 years old with two seasons under his belt. He's progressed from his rookie season. Plus, Conley is one of the fastest guards in the league. It helps having an Olympic Gold Medalist in the triple jump as a Father...

I would draft center Hasheem Thabeet out of UConn @ 2 or try to trade with a team below me who is dying to draft Rubio like the Sacramento Kings, which is also a team that Rubio wouldn't mind playing for and still get Thabeet.

A center like Thabeet would really be a better fit for Memphis who need a defensive presence in the middle. Conley was most effective playing with center Greg Oden in college and high school. I foresee Hasheem Thabeet and Mike Conley as potentially a very good center, point guard combination...

No comments: