Wednesday, May 27, 2009

rich aurilia...


When reliever Sergio Romo returns to the active roster probably this weekend, the Giants need to cut or send down one position player. Although, I'm far from a Kevin Frandsen fan who has yet to get a hit in 15 @ bats this season, Rich Aurilia needs to be released.

Richie is batting .177 this year. It's time for him to hang it up. He's 37.

I talked with Aurilia a few days after the 2002 World Series and he seemed like a very nice guy. He mentioned how his wife was verbally abused by the nouveau Angels fan in Anaheim. I swear when I attended game 6 in Orange County, I was surprised by all the newbie fans. I asked several fans how long they were Angel fans and many said only a few weeks...

Rich Aurilia will always be a Giant. The year he hit .324 with 37 home runs, 97 RBI, and 114 runs was an aberration and could have been fueled by PED. It also helped he was hitting in front or after Barry Lamar Bonds...

If the Giants do release Aurilia, I'd like to see him as a coach in the organization.

I'd also send Frandsen back to Fresno and bring up John Bowker who's hitting .307 for the Grizzlies.

No comments: