Saturday, May 16, 2009

wayman tisdale revisited...


The more I read about the life and death of Wayman Tisdale the sadder I get. I knew he was sick, but it didn't compute that Wayman had his leg amputated last August.

And I also forgot that Tisdale was one of the best college basketball players of all-time. He was that great @ Oklahoma. A three-time first-team All-American player.

Wayman Tisdale was an inspiration for cancer survivors. The man from OK who really wasn't OK in health visited other cancer patients with words of encouragement and support while going to the hospital for chemotherapy. His concern for people who can't afford adequate treatment led Tisdale to start a foundation. I hope the Wayman Tisdale Foundation lives on and helps as many people in need as possible...

And the guy just had a great smile...

I also want to thank Jenni Carlson from News OK for her article about Tisdale.

No comments: