Thursday, May 14, 2009

original joe's in san jose...


Definitely one of my favorite restaurants in the Bay Area. Located on S 1st St and E San Carlos in downtown SJ.

The joint is open until 1am everyday except Sunday when OJ's closes @ midnight.

For years, you couldn't eat @ the bar, now you can, which is a good thing when one wants to catch a game. The bartenders love their sports...

The other night, it was late, therefore no games were on- so I ate @ the counter. I enjoy watching the chefs cook...

Although, I love their spaghetti and ravioli with meatballs, I usually opt for their hamburger charbroiled with steak fries and a side of tomato and lettuce which is gratis, but you need to ask for it. The burger is 12 ounces and very, very good!

I asked for my hamburger medium rare and it came out nearly well done, but it was still juicy, therefore I didn't send it back. More often than not, I find burgers are overcooked @ restaurants.

Another thing, I always put A-1 on my hamburger. It enhances the flavor of the meat. I also put A-1 on my steak fries.

Can't wait to go back...

No comments: