Tuesday, January 29, 2008

c webb...


I've always liked Chris Webber. I enjoyed watching the Fab Five from Michigan. When he called that ill advised timeout against North Carolina in the title game, I was disappointed for him. I even remember where I watched that game- it was in Honolulu @ Murphy's Bar & Grill in downtown. I predicted to a friend of mine that the Warriors would get Webber in the draft. And I was saddened when Chris was traded to the then Washington Bullets for Tom Gugliotta. I hate to admit it as a Warriors fan, but I pulled for the Kings with Webber when they had those deep runs in the playoffs. I kind of lost my respect for him when he was traded to Philly and his troubles with that certain individual who is now deceased came out in the open. I pulled for him last season with the Pistons and now I'm happy he's back with the Warriors. I know he's a shell of his former self, but if he can help us win a few games to get us into the playoffs- I'm all for it...

No comments: