Thursday, August 5, 2010

charlie st. cloud...

Film starring Zach Efron.

I've only seen the kid in one other film- 17 AGAIN and he really does have star quality. I'm not into remakes, but he would have been great in the remake of FOOTLOOSE, but Efron dropped out of the film to make CHARLIE ST. CLOUD. Now, an unknown actor is starring in the Kevin Bacon character. I definitely won't see the remake...

Efron has charisma and he's not bad looking- the latter statement is probably an understatement...

I found the film to be poorly written and the casting questionable. The kid actor who played his brother wasn't likable in my opinion. The female lead(Amanda Crew) is somewhat of an unknown entity, good looking, but she didn't have much presence...

Kim Basinger plays his mother in a very small role. Ray Liotta portrays the paramedic in more or less a cameo role.

The guy who starred in THE TAO OF STEVE- Donal Logue has aged and lost a ton of weight. He's also in a basic throwaway part.

Augustus Prew who portrays Efron's coworker @ the cemetery had his moments and has a little Russell Brand in him. Let me reiterate, a little Russell Brand...

I don't like how they tried to portray Massachusetts and it was obviously filmed in British Columbia. I'm familiar with the area they filmed in because I'm from Seattle Washington and many times I've ridden a ferry from Seattle to Victoria, BC and saw the wondrous beauty of the area...

Zac Efron needs to find a project that will take him to the next level. CHARLIE ST. CLOUD wasn't the right film...

No comments: