Tuesday, August 3, 2010

dinner for schmucks...

To me, Steve Carell is hit or miss. I liked him in THE 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN(2005)which actually put him on the map and his small role in ANCHORMAN: THE LEGEND OF RON BURGUNDY(2004). His other work- not so much.

However, he was fantastic in DINNER FOR SCHMUCKS...

I've followed Paul Rudd's career since CLUELESS(1995). Carell and Rudd have great chemistry together. Rudd was also in THE 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN and ANCHORMAN.

In a minor role Zach Galifianakis is very good. THE HANGOVER(2009) was Galifianakis' breakthrough part...

I didn't even recognize the cat from HBO's FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS Jemaine Clement.

The actress who played Rudd's girlfriend had a small role in THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA. She's attractive, however I thought they could have cast someone with more name recognition. And quite frankly, Stephanie Szostak's acting is fair @ best...

Ron Livingston has been in two films I've really liked SWINGERS(1996) and OFFICE SPACE(1999). He played an unlikeable character in THE COOLER(2003) and played Jack Berger in SEX AND THE CITY mostly in 2003. Livingston's movie career seems to have stalled as of late... We'll see if this film and the upcoming GOING THE DISTANCE will jump start his career.

Anyway, great cast. I could write about a few more cast members, but I won't...

DINNER FOR SCHMUCKS, a very funny film that surprised the heck out of me...

No comments: