Saturday, August 21, 2010

the tillman story...

I'm really looking forward to seeing the doc on Pat Tillman. Tillman went to the same high school in San Jose(Leland) as my niece and nephew. The football field @ Leland High School is named after Pat Tillman.

Last January during Sundance, I met the husband of the line producer of THE TILLMAN STORY and he said he was going to get me tickets to see the doc @ the Park City Library. The guy never came through. It somewhat disappointed me, but it wasn't the first time someone in that industry didn't come through for me. Years ago, I gave away my tickets(my cost about $70 for two tickets) to a film to a producer and he assured he was going to give me tix to his film and sure enough, he didn't come through. C'est la vie...

I hope THE TILLMAN STORY doesn't disappoint me...

I do remember watching the memorial @ my sis' place in San Jose and thinking, why in the hell is John McCain doing there, he must be thinking about running for president?

And why in the fuck wasn't it first released in the Bay Area?

No comments: