Monday, June 15, 2009

53rd and 6th halal cart...


Supposedly the better one is open from 7-7:30pm to 4am. I find the cart that runs during the day is just as good. Let me be clear that two different business run a halal cart @ this exact location. One during the day and one @ night...

A learned a couple things last night. Don't put too much red sauce on your rice plate- the meal becomes too fucking hot! My mouth was burning for several minutes while watching the NBA Final game. In the future, I may just stick to the white sauce.

The second thing I learned and this is very important. There is another halal cart on 53rd and 7th that serves the same food. The guys wear the 53rd and 6th yellow shirts.

Last night they were cooking lamb @ this stand to transfer to the 53rd and 6th location. There was actually a guy waiting to bring the finished lamb to the popular cart while I was getting my meal.

Basically the moral of this story is go to the cart on 53rd and 7th to avoid the long line. And think twice when asking to put extra hot sauce on the rice plate.

No comments: