Sunday, June 14, 2009

carnegie deli...


Didn't do much on a day in New York which featured the Puerto Rican Day Parade- unfortunately, I didn't make it... And the rubber match of the subway series @ Yankee Stadium where the Yankees annihilated the Mets 15-0 with Hideki Matsui hitting his second home run in the series aiding in the victory for the Yankees. I didn't go to Yankee Stadium either...

I ended up @ Carnegie Deli which is about four blocks from my niece's apartment and the hotel I'm staying @...

I went for "THE WOODY ALLEN." For the dedicated fresser only. Fresser is yiddish for glutton. Lotsa corned beef plus lotsa pastrami. $17.95.

I can eat, but I didn't even get close to eating half the meat, which is piled between four slices of bread. I asked for extra rye bread to go. The nice server didn't charge me extra for the bread, but he talked me into a slice of strawberry cheesecake $9.95. His recommendation was spot on. I ate about a quarter of the slice. The cheesecake is simply phenomenal!

I like how the server gave me two glasses of water when I asked him for aqua. Those small old fashion water glasses don't cut it.

Hadn't been to Carnegie Deli for three years. More than likely, I won't go another three years between visits.

The couple next to me shared some homemade chicken broth soup with golden noodles $6.95. They present the broth with the light orange colored noodles on the side.

Hours are 6:30am to 4am daily. I went @ 4pm on Sunday and there were plenty of seats...

No comments: