Saturday, June 14, 2008

becky hammon...


Up until today, I had no idea who Becky Hammon is? She's a point guard on the San Antonio WNBA team. And she'll be playing for Russia in the Beijing Olympics. Hammon isn't Russian, she's an American, originally from South Dakota who went to Colorado State. Becky has been in the WNBA for ten seasons.

I have no problem with Hammon playing for Russia, because her chances of making Team USA weren't good and she's been a star in Russia for several seasons. Hammon even became a Russian citizen this year. FYI, she doesn't have Russian roots.

Reading about her made me change my mind about attending a WNBA game. I want to see the inside of Madison Square Garden and the New York Liberty will be playing @ home during my visit to Manhattan in less than two weeks.

And it doesn't hurt that Becky Hammon is quite photogenic...

No comments: