Sunday, June 8, 2008

rex walters...


The new coach of USF. This blog is based out of San Francisco, so it's University of San Francisco and not the now more prominent University of South Florida in Tampa. I was skeptical about the hire, but after seeing him on KGO 7 after game two of the NBA Finals, I think Rex will do okay.

His head coaching record @ Florida Atlantic was a dismal 31-33.

Rex is half Japanese and he played high school basketball @ Piedmont Hills in San Jose. And of course he played for Northwestern and Kansas. He had an undistinguished NBA career, but he lasted seven seasons and I heard he invested well.

I remember my nephew telling me how cocky Rex was shooting baskets before an Asian league game. This was when he was between Northwestern and Kansas.

I hope he does well...

No comments: