Friday, June 27, 2008

nba draft...


I waited in line for over 4 hours trying to get a ticket to see it live @ the WaMu Theater in Madsion Square Garden. Was it worth it? No! Let's see, tickets sales started @ 11am, I got there before 8am and left @ 12:15pm, with no ticket, a sore back, swollen feet, and a horrible attitude...

For a moment there, I vowed not to watch the draft on television. I changed my mind by 6:30 in the evening, 30 minutes before the broadcast on ESPN. I was sitting @ my niece's pad twenty blocks away- so close, but yet so far...

I'm not a Nets fan, but I believe they made out well by drafting Stanford's Brook Lopez, CAL's Ryan Anderson, and Memphis' Chris Douglas-Robert, in addition to trading for Yi Jianlian who be a marketing cash cow for the New Jersey Nets who will morph into the Brooklyn Nets in the 2010-2011 season.

No comments: