Saturday, March 8, 2008

before the rosenblum march madness open house...


I attended my third Open House @ Rosenblum Cellars on saturday. It was another beautiful day on the bay... The 1050am ferry from the City to Alameda, didn't leave from the Ferry Building, but from Pier 41. I miscalculated how long it would take me to walk from the Ferry Building to Pier 41 and I just barely made the ferry. I was in such a rush to make the ferry that I didn't have a bite to eat in the morning and I was famished from walking so much...

Once I arrived in Alameda and I was about 35 minutes early for the noon start time of March Madness- I saw a catering truck next door to Rosenblum, @ some undisclosed building. I had to pass through security to frequent the catering truck. The security guard reluctantly let me in. I asked one of the regulars of the catering truck what was good? He said the cubana or cubano sandwich. And he made sure that I was hungry. I was... The cuban sandwich which was nothing like a regular cuban is a gut buster- on a huge roll with chicken, sausage, avocado, lettuce, cream cheese, and another meat that I forgot to acknowledge. For $7 it's a hell of a meal. I think the name of the dude who runs the catering truck is Joe out of Hayward. He didn't have a card on him. I'd call the sandwich- the kitchen sink. It had everything but the kitchen sink in it... And it was very tasty!

No comments: